Sunshine Blogger Award
I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Awards by Lisa Wingerter from Me and My Mom Friends. Lisa was nominated by a fellow blogger and choose me as one of her nominees (thanks, Lisa). I am honored and grateful for this recognition from one of my peers.
Lisa started her mom blog as a way to share the knowledge she has gained during her journey as a mom She wanted to share all she learned with her mom friends and build a community of moms who honestly all are figuring this “mom” thing out as we go along.
Lisa writes a great series “Confessions from Real Moms” which started as a single blog post, but became so popular that she turned it into a blogging series. Check out my real mom confession in Confessions of a Real Mom Volume 2.
Thanks again Lisa!
Now, what is a Sunshine Blogger Award?
I had the same question when I was first nominated. If you haven’t heard of the Sunshine Blogger Award, this is an award given from one blogger to other bloggers as a way to form a sense of community and support among bloggers. A blogger gives this award to a peer that they feel embodies creativity and talent.
As with anything, there are rules that must be followed. However, the rules for the Sunshine Blogger Award are simple.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Compose a post on your blog and answer the 11 question asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and give them new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award on your post.
Now, here are my answers to 11 questions I was given to answer
1. What do you love most about blogging?
The thing I love the most about blogging is the connections I make with other bloggers and readers. I love meeting new people and all of the networking opportunities blogging provides. Also, blogging allows me to express myself while at the same time providing me with a platform to inspire and encourage others
2. What has been the most difficult part about blogging?
The most difficult part about blogging is getting traffic to my blog. I started blogging a few years ago, but became frustrated with the process and walked away. However, my desire to blog would not go away so I returned a year ago, determined to succeed this time. I have seen an increase in traffic and engagement recently and hopefully, things will continue to improve.
3. How long have you been a blogger?
I have been a blogger on and off for several years. However, I re-branded and re-launched in February 2017 so technically I’ve been a blogger for 1 year.
4. Where does your inspiration come from?
I draw my inspiration from my life experiences. I firmly believe that we all go through certain experiences so that one day we can help someone else who encounters a similar situation. Also, I draw on that theory that if I have questions about something, most likely someone else out there has similar questions. So when I find an answer, learn a lesson, or go through an experience, I use my blog as an outlet to uplift someone else.
5. If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
I’m a Leo so I have to choose the lion. Lions symbolize strength and courage and that is all me!
6. Morning Person, Night Owl, or Somewhere in-between?
Depends on the day and my mood.Some days I am the morning person, other days I prefer to hang up at night.
7. Do you have any pets?
Yes. One dog named Champ.
8. Where do you live, and where else have you lived?
I live in Wilmington, Delaware. As I child I live a few years in Carol Stream, Illinois, but I am born and raised Delawarean.
9. Favorite ice cream flavor?
I don’t really have a favorite ice cream, but you can’t go wrong with Vanilla.
10. What is the best vacation you have been on?
It is hard to choose the best vacation. Any time with my family is a good time. Hawaii does rank high on my best vacation list though.
11. Why do you blog?
I blog to empower women to create unique plans for success and make self-care priority. Too often as women, we are all trying to conform, fit in, and take care of everyone else that we forget what we like, love, and want out of life. I blog to remind women that you can pursue your dreams, put yourself first, live the life you desire while still being a great wife, mom, girlfriend, daughter, sister, aunt, or whatever. That’s why I blog.
Whew….. Those are the 11 questions I had to answer.
Now it’s my turn.
And the nominees are…
Here are the 11 wonderful bloggers (in no particular order) that I nominate for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Please visit their blogs and show some love by sharing, liking, commenting, and/or subscribing.
- Erika Crawford-Terry at Focus Implement Triumph. Erika’s passion is helping others create a life they love. Her goal is to empower other to win in life. She also has two Facebook groups Black Bloggers Network and FIT Slayers.
- Jenn at More than a mom of 3. Jenn started her blog to connect with other moms as we navigate this thing called motherhood. She desired to build a strong community of women that support each other and that is the foundation of her blog.
- Nadalie Bardo at It’s All You Boo. Nadalie is a creative entrepreneur who wants to help you slay your goals so you can live your dream life with confidence and action.
- Rekitta Peters at Purple Vision. Rekitta birthed Purple Vision from a vision God gave her to help victims of domestic violence get the care they need to heal, survive, and create a better life for themselves and their families.
- Kenyatta Monique at Luminous Life Links. Kenyatta’s goal is to use her gifts of wisdom, intellect, and compassion to assist others in personal healing using untraditional, informative, and inspirational methods.
- Olena Rosanne at OlenaRosanne. OlenaRosanne started as a way for Olena to share her natural hair journey and has evolved into a network that inspires people through the love of natural hair, faith, and inspiration.
- Latasha Peterson at Arts & Budgets. – Latasha helps creatives grow their business and income through effective strategies and side hustles. She gives helpful resources and information to empower others to pursue their passion. She also runs a Facebook Group “Creative Ninjas” which is a community for creative bloggers and online entrepreneurs.
- Jasmine at Do What You Love, Mama. Jasmine uses her blog to share what she loves to do while inspiring others to do what they love too.
- Melanie Pickett at Melanie S. Pickett. Melanie is a wife, mom, and writer devoted to helping women find their voices and reinvent their lives after abuse.
- Regina at Live + Work by Faith. Regina helps Gen-X women balance faith with everyday life. She helps Gen-X women improve their quality of life by building a business of their own.
- Toya at Hello Toya. Toya created this blog to break away from 9 to 5 and pursue her dreams. She hopes to inspire others to explore new avenues in life and take that leap towards their dreams and goals.
All of these ladies are MOcha gems who have successfully created and executed their own plans for success.
Nominees: Please see the rules above. After you compose your blog post and answer the 11 questions, please come back to this post and comment with the URL for your post. Also, feel free to share any thoughts about this experience.
Here are the 11 questions for you to answer.
- What is essential to start your day?
- What chore do you dislike?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is your favorite inspirational quote?
- What is your dream vacation destination spot?
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is the story behind your blog name?
- What advice would you give to new bloggers?
- If you could travel back in time and give your younger self a word of advice or message, what would it be?
- What is the biggest lesson you learned from blogging?
- What is the title of the current chapter of your life?
Be sure to review the rules before writing your post.
Have fun ladies! Time for you to nominate 11 other deserving bloggers and give them 11 new questions to answer.
Again, I am truly honored to have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award, and even more, honored to nominate other phenomenal bloggers.
Keep up the good work ladies. You are all doing a fantastic job and a true inspiration. I look forward to what the future will bring for all of us! Let’s show the world that Fempreneurs (Female Entrepreneurs) are paving our way! We are all in this together. When one of us wins, we all win!
Until Next Time,